Trav. Quintino Bocaiúva, 1588 - 5º andar, Bloco A
Bairro Nazaré - CEP: 66035-190 - Belém - Pará
The Association of Wood Exporting Industries of the State of Pará (AIMEX) was founded on June 23, 1981, by a group of 25 wood exporters from Pará and Amapá, with the purpose of serving as an interface between public authorities and exporting companies.
In 2021, the association celebrated its 40 years of existence. Currently, it is formed by a total of 23 member companies. To become a member, it is necessary to be sponsored by another member and the entry must be approved by two other associates.
The objectives of the association are:
1. To encourage the sustainable, rational and balanced exploitation of the forest through the autonomous forest management plan as a basic condition for the sustainability of the forest resource, so that the wood-forest sector is a vector of sustainable development of the economy.
2. To associate the conservation of the vegetation cover and the benefits derived from it, with the generation of employment and income, contributing to a standard of living compatible with the natural wealth of the region.
3. To serve AIMEX members involved in the tropical timber trade, maintaining order, structure and ethics in the world market.
4. To promote the wood species of the State of Pará and to defend the interests of the forestry wood sector in public and private policy issues.
5. To provide products that meet the latest standards of sustainability and legality, complying with laws, such as those contained in the FLEGT (Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade) and the European Timber Regulation (EUTR), as well as the standards established in commercial contracts.