The British Timber Trade Federation (TTF) is organising two webinars: one on the tropical timber market webinar on Thursday 12 November 2020 from 14:00 to 16:00 and the other on the hardwood market webinar on Wednesday 18 November 2020 from 14:00 to 16:00.
The Tropical Timber Market Webinar
The Tropical Timber Market Webinar will provide an opportunity for participants to discuss the state of the tropical timber market, the impact of the pandemic, and the future of the trade-in 2021. Will also be discussed, the measures that we should take as an industry in the framework of COP26 to fight against climate change.
During this webinar, participants will be able to exchange with key experts in the tropical timber sector. Will be discussed :
- The state of the tropical timber market, particularly in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Indonesia and Cameroon,
- The impact of Covid-19 on the tropical wood market,
- The outlook for 2021 in the tropical hardwood sector, following the pandemic,
- The future of the tropical wood market,
- If and when supply will return to pre-pandemic levels,
- The role of the wood industry in the fight against climate change.
The Hardwood Market Webinar
This year, the hardwood market has experienced major disruptions. European production has been hit by the pandemic, while demand for other wood products has increased dramatically as people across the continent have shown a strong interest in DIY.
The United States faced many challenges this year, from the impact of Covid-19 to the fires that ravaged California. The U.S. elections in 2020 could have a major impact on the global hardwood market, as well as trade with China, the largest export market for the U.S. hardwood sector.
Join Michael Snow, Executive Director of the American Hardwood Export Council (AHEC) and Maria Kiefer-Polz, Vice President for Hardwoods at the European Organisation of the Sawmill Industry (EOS), to discuss these and other issues.
Will be discussed:
The state of the market across North America and Europe,
- The impact of Covid-19 on the wood market worldwide,
- The outlook for 2021 in the hardwood sector, following the pandemic and the American elections,
- If and when supply will return to pre-pandemic levels